It’s CoinJar’s third birthday, and we’re giving back with CoinJar Rewards — our loyalty program designed to reward CoinJar members for using our services. From using CoinJar to buy bitcoin, to spending money with CoinJar Swipe, users will now enjoy real-time points for engaging with the CoinJar platform.
CoinJar Rewards joins our family together with financial technology products that have seen over 70,000 users and one of the longest track records of digital currency service in Australia. This bundle includes:
- CoinJar Touch, our native mobile apps on Android and iOS
- The first digital currency enabled EFTPOS card CoinJar Swipe
- Award-winning Hedged Accounts which protect bitcoin against currency fluctuations
- Bitcoin purchases using credit/debit cards in 20 European countries
- Full-featured wallet and exchange services
In addition to product development over the years, we’ve also given back to the community by:
- Halving our fees, making us one of the most value for money exchanges in Australia (independently verified)
- Contributing to government discussion on digital currency and FinTech
- Bringing one of the world’s best industry speakers, Andreas Antonopolous, to Australia as part of our Bitcoin Address events in Melbourne and Sydney
- Joined and learnt from some of the world’s best startups in Silicon Valley at BoostVC and London’s Level39 co-working space
In the time it’s taken some companies to get to market, we’ve helped establish a thriving industry, notably in Australia — one that is now looked to as a source of innovation for blockchain technology.
We hope that you love using CoinJar Rewards and continue to reap the benefits of using tools built with the latest technologies and with users in mind.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Are CoinJar points backed by a distributed ledger or blockchain?
It is supported but not yet implemented. We have larger plans for this product, including the ability to use it across different merchants and interoperability between multiple loyalty programs. We will soon be releasing API documentation on this product for developers and business to create their own reward experiences.
What can you redeem CoinJar Points for?
At launch, you can use CoinJar points to save on exchange fees or redeem a free CoinJar Swipe. There are also plenty of redemption options on our Rewards Store including VPN Secure, Fastmail subscriptions and gift cards. CoinJar Points are not money and will not be redeemable for bitcoin or cash.
How can I gain access to CoinJar Rewards?
You will need to have a verified CoinJar account and activate Rewards on your home screen once you sign-in.
For more information on CoinJar Rewards and a full table of convertibility, please refer to our Knowledge Base.