CoinJar is looking for an experienced and motivated Ruby developer who wants to make a dint in the universe. We’re a bitcoin startup with exciting plans for 2014 and beyond. We’re building a team to make it happen.
As an experienced web application developer, you’ll have a passion for test driven development and best practise. You’ll understand testing inside out, worked with teams and seen how things should and shouldn’t be done. Along with technical skills you’ll understand the importance of communication and cross collaboration between engineering and business.
What you’ll get:
- A salary of $110,000+ p.a. (Negotiable based on experience)
- Employee share options,
- Flexible working hours,
- Interesting technical problems to solve,
- The opportunity to attend (or maybe even speak) at relevant conferences, workshops or seminars,
- A kick-ass laptop and external monitor (OS X or Linux), and
- The chance to be at ground zero in a technological revolution.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Being a leader and mentor in a growing development team,
- Creating new features and products by writing high quality code using TDD,
- Working with us to create a dynamic, positive and productive culture, and
- Maintaining and updating existing codebase.
Essential technical skills:
- 4+ years of Ruby development experience.
- Expert at TDD/BDD (RSpec or Cucumber).
- 2+ years experience with managing Linux servers and deployment (Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc).
- Experience with Redis and PostgreSQL.
- Understanding of web application security.
Bonus technical skills:
- Experience deploying to and maintaining apps hosted on Amazon Web Services.
- Continuous deployment workflows and strategies.
- Experience with financial systems.
- REST API design.
- Knowledge of the Bitcoin protocol.
- Experience with cryptography.
Essential soft skills:
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- Experience conducting code reviews and pairing.
- A strong command of the English language, both written and verbal.
- Experience working with a team.
Desired soft skills:
- Experience leading a team
If this sounds like you, we really want to hear from you! Please send your CV and cover letter with references to email@example.com. Entries for this position close in late March, so get in quick!
CoinJar is Australia’s leading Bitcoin platform, where locals can easily buy and spend with bitcoins. With over 22,000 individual and business customers, together we’ve traded over $24 million in our first 8 months.