Applications for this role closed at 11:59 PM on Sunday, 9 March (Melbourne time).
CoinJar is one of Australia’s fastest growing startups. We are seeking an experienced Customer Support professional who can join our team to provide exceptional* support via email (handled by Tender ticketing system), phone, chat and social media channels. The role will initially be a fixed hours, part time / contract position based out of our Melbourne office.
In addition to the above responsibilities you will have the opportunity to build out our customers’ self service options by contributing to our knowledge base and blog. The majority of your day will involve writing, so excellent writing skills are a must.
*We think about “exceptional” as responses which are prompt, personalised, polite, professional, accurate, complete, and consistent.
Note: To avoid disappointment, please don’t apply for this position if you are looking to use it as a short term stepping-stone to another role at CoinJar. We are looking for someone who is passionate about, and dedicated to, supporting our customers for at least the next 12 months.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Responding to an average of 8 email tickets per hour. Some will take less time, some more, and you will need to be comfortable averaging a complete interaction every 7 minutes.
- Returning an average of 10 voice tickets per day.
- Popping in to our customer chat forum to represent the company from time to time.
- Endeavouring to receive great customer feedback in all of your interactions.
- Documenting all administrative changes thoroughly.
- Adhering to our processes and policies accurately and consistently. You should be comfortable handling our customers’ sensitive financial and identification information in a professional and confidential manner.
- Writing and maintaining articles for our knowledge base and blog.
A typical day will involve:
- Arriving at the office, getting comfy and start showing the tickets who’s boss.
- Working through new email tickets and follow-ups.
- Following up voice tickets (voicemails), ensuring our security processes are used to identify customers.
- Keeping an eye on our volumes and ensuring we don’t miss our response goals. Pulling in team members to help when necessary.
- Updating our knowledge base by improving articles so that customers can better help themselves during the hours we’re not available.
- Managing your time, health and sanity with regular breaks throughout the day.
- Before you head off for the day, tidy up what you’ve been working on and hand over any outstanding issues to your colleagues.
- Then, when the time comes, catch the elevator to the ground floor, help an elderly lady cross the street, and head on home to pursue all your many non-bitcoin interests.
In applying for the role you should:
- Demonstrate clear and succinct written communication skills.
- Show that you can translate technical concepts in to language that is easy for our customers to understand.
- Highlight your passion for, and understanding of, excellent customer service.
- Share your thoughts and feelings about Bitcoin.
- Describe, and give examples of, how you work autonomously, and also as a team player.
- Explain your approach to learning quickly and in a rapidly evolving environment.
Applications close at 11:59 PM on Sunday, 9 March (Melbourne time).
CoinJar is Australia’s leading Bitcoin platform, where locals can easily buy and spend with bitcoins. With over 22,000 individual and business customers, together we’ve traded over $24 million in our first 8 months.