Over the weekend, we rehauled our backend and updated the way our customers can sell and withdraw bitcoins on CoinJar. The tutorial below will take you through the steps to activate automatic billing on your CoinJar, sell BTC for AUD, and withdraw the money to your bank.
- Open up your CoinJar Filler at https://filler.coinjar.com
- Link a bank account if you’ve not done so already.
- Select “Place a sell order”
Select “Set Up Billing Agreement”
This allows CoinJar approved services to debit your CoinJar wallet directly to save errors, mistypes and stuck transactions. No need to wait for transaction confirmation and no risk of double spend.
- Input your daily and monthly limit.
- This is similar to your daily ATM limit, this can be used as a budgeting tool, and as a way to reduce risk if someone gets into your account.
- The red warning relates to the Billing Agreement, allowing services to debit your account. This will only occur if you have authorised the debit.
- Choose the amount you want to sell.
- You can set either the amount to sell in BTC, or how much you would like to receive in AUD.
Confirm the details and if you’re happy with the transaction, select “Confirm Order.” Remember that once you hit “Confirm Order” the order is final.
Completed! – If you see this status, you’ve successfully made your sale.
If you wish you can withdraw your AUD into your verified bank account. Just input the amount, select your verified bank account and the funds will appear in 1 – 3 business days.
NSF (Non Sufficient Funds) Error
If you encounter a NSF code, it means you don’t have sufficient BTC in your account.
Remember to account for transaction fees, if you placed the sale in AUD make sure you have enough BTC in the account to cover the sale. Try placing a sale for a lower amount or top up your CoinJar. The main difference from previous procedure is you have to transfer your bitcoin to your CoinJar first before initiating a Sell Order.